Your cart is currently empty!
Rachel Warrilow trading as Sitting Knitting (“we”, “us”, “our”) of trading address Stable Gallery, rear of 7 Belwell Lane, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 4AA. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (the DPA 2018), the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the UK GDPR) and any other applicable UK legislation (together, Data Protection Law). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should therefore check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Visitors To Our Website
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- When you complete forms on our website, www.sittingknitting.com (“Site”). This includes your name, address, email and telephone number, which is provided at the time of registering to use our Site, where you ask us to contact you about our goods or services, subscribe to our mailing list, or request our goods and/or services;
- Whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our Site; and
- We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and bowser type. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and where collected, does not identify any individual.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any other website, such websites may apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we strongly encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
We will collect details such as your name, address, telephone number and email address when you order goods or services from us via our Site. We will use this information to process your order and comply with our contractual obligations.
In order to perform our contract with you, we may also need to share personal data with third parties such as payment processors and postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods or services you have ordered. This could include third party couriers or warranty providers.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information: name, postal address, email address, telephone number.
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We collect information about you in order to provide you with the goods and services you have requested from us. This information may also be used for internal record keeping and to improve our products and services. We may use the information to customise the Site according to your interests.
If You Fail To Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you to facilitate our fulfilling that contract, and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with our goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your data in the following circumstances:
- For performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- Where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to; and
- For the purpose of legitimate interests.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We may disclose your information to appropriate third parties, including:
- To our nominated payment processing providers;
- To our nominated postal service providers:
- To our staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
- To our IT software providers that host our Site;
- To our email service providers;
- To professional advisors such as consultants, lawyers, bankers, accountants and insurers who provide us with professional services;
- To professional service providers such as marketing agencies and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others:
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and subject to our Cookies Policy;
- To HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
- To the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Site terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
We are committed to ensuring that as far as reasonably possible your information is secure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Credit Card Security
All credit/debit card payments for goods or services from our Site are made through independent third party payment processing gateways who use industry standard encryption technology. As the payment is completely handled by third party payment processors, we do not handle, or have access to, your credit/debit card information and therefore it is never stored on our systems at any point.
Controlling Your Personal Data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form.
If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information held by us, please write to us at Sitting Knitting, 1a Church Road, Shenstone, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 0NG or email us at [email protected]
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- Update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal data from our records entirely;
- Send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract: or
- Restrict the use of your personal data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right of access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or to make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Sitting Knitting, 1a Church Road, Shenstone, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 0NG or email us at [email protected]. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.